Keep up with the latest in social media by subscribing to our weekly Newsletter Briefing
Hey, Jumpwire Community!
Two items you may find interesting that are not related directly to social media but may be in the future:
1) Bitcoin universe has created the Basic Attention Token that improves the efficiency of digital advertising by creating a new token that can be exchanged between publishers, advertisers, and users.
2) Bots are becoming a serious problem and large brands are over it. P&G Cuts More Than $100 Million in ‘Largely Ineffective’ Digital Ads
1) How Wannabe Instagram influencers Use Bots to Appear Popular (read more)
- There are no hard stats that show how many Instagram accounts use this trick (bots)
- Bot use is prominent mainly among small brands and influencers trying to get started on the platform
- Bot use is not just limited to influencers and brands — agencies like this hack, too
- Viral Nation, a social influencer talent agency, receives 50 to 100 influencer applications on a daily basis, and 20-30 percent of them have used bots on Instagram
2) How Successful Brands Use Instagram for Marketing (read more)
- Know what you’re posting, why you’re posting it, and how it will create conversation
- Gives a list of Top 8 really successful IGs:
- Nike, Sephora, Vans, Finfolk Productions, Lululemon, National Geographic, ASOS, Starbucks
3) Facebook Bought This Bot Maker to Boost AI Efforts (read more)
- The same day FB shut down their AI bots for making their own language — Facebook acquired Palo Alto-based small bot specialist Ozlo — wait, what?
- Ozlo is focused on conversation, which Facebook has been prioritizing with its own bot development research
- Founder, Charles Jolley, is a Facebook alum and some of the company’s 30 employees will be moving to Facebook
- Note from article: Facebook says it now has 2 billion site users monthly
4) How To Optimize Images for Social Media (read more)
- Bit of a refresher, here’s how to optimally size images for all the main socials
- If you’re running a website, make your images SEO friendly to give yourself a boost in search (you can also do this on Pinterest and Twitter)
JOIN: Jumpwire Academy and get all the insider info we give to our top clients like: Fandango, BBC, UNHCR, Coke, etc.
ICYMI: Check out some of our past blogs Social Media Briefings.
(Blog Image Source)
(Blog Image Source)