Hey Jumpwire Community! 👋
SILICON VALLEY: Silicon Valley costs are driving away the people that this technology giant was built on. Link
TWITTER: Twitter’s testing a new layout for replies, focused on improving engagement. Link
INSTAGRAM: Instagram just added a verification request form and new security features. Here’s how to apply. Link
SOCIAL MEDIA TIMELINE: Check out this all-encompassing infographic detailing the birth of social media. Link
- Facebook launched in February of 2004.
- LinkedIn achieves profitability in April 2006.
- 400K Twitter tweets posted in June 2007.
FACEBOOK VIDEO ADS: Facebook opens up video ad opportunities to more creators as it takes Watch global. Link
BRAND REPUTATION: Papa John’s has created a social media ad featuring negative customer tweets that’s been watched 1.7 million times. Link
HOW-TO-VIDEO: Check out this article and video explaining influencer marketing trends that will dominate in 2018. Link
- Influencers will become more important as people design their own viewing experiences.
- Influencers will recognize the value of their personal brands.
- Influencers will produce more shareable content for brands.
PS: If some nice person forwarded you this briefing and you would like to get on our list, sign up here.
ICYMI: Check out some of our past Social Media Briefings.