Welcome to Jumpwire!
Jumpwire Media is a social media agency that specializes in social media management and strategy for companies around the world. We were voted one of the top 10 most innovative companies in media by Fast Company Magazine. Our clients include large Fortune 500 media companies and SMEs.
We are looking for a detail oriented, creative and energetic social media manager for our Santa Monica office.
ARE YOU IN?
You have lived and breathed social media for the last 3 years. When a new platform emerges you don’t sigh and get overwhelmed – you get on it and crush it. Social media is your passion and you don’t mind telling people that. When you talk about social media you go so deep people’s eyes glaze over or people wander off. You know how Facebook algorithm works – intimately. You have at least 1000 Twitter followers, and a klout score of 60+. Bonus if you have graphic design or photography/videography skills. Basic Photoshop a must.
This is a full-time position based in Santa Monica with more than 1-year experience of creating social media posts for a business on Facebook, Twitter, or LinkedIn. Our ideal candidate has an English degree with writing experience. We said, “ideal”, but if you are some sort of home-schooled-mutant-genius you should still apply. However, if you can’t spell, don’t apply, seriously. Our clients love great creative but spelling mistakes are not something they accept.
This is a full-time position based in Santa Monica. You may be working from home in your PJ’s up to 3 days per week or more. Therefore, you will require a high speed broadband connection at home able to support video Skype calls, a laptop less than 2 years old, an iPhone or Android phone less than 2 years old, and the ability to travel to the USA.
- Project and client management across various time zones (we have offices and clients in LA, NYC, Toronto, and London).
- Data analysis – a good understanding of Facebook insights, Twitter analytics with Omniture and Curulate a plus.
- Developing and implementing a social media strategy across many platforms with a strong focus on Facebook and Instagram.
- Creating content for our blog and social media accounts (Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Youtube, Snapchat, Instagram, Google+).
- Managing social media accounts and engaging with our client’s communities.
- Creating e-mail campaigns and digital newsletters with inspiring, and informative content.
- Monitoring our client’s online presence and keeping up to date with trends.
- Using tools like Google Analytics to measure the effectiveness of our online initiatives.
- Basic Photoshop
- Google Apps
- Google Analytics
- Time Management Tools
- Google Search Hacks
$40,000-$50,000 depending on how awesome your references say you are.
40-50 hours per week. Your schedule may include early or late calls to accommodate global clients.