Hey, Jumpwire Community!
IF YOU ONLY READ ONE THING: Facebook moving non-promoted posts out of news feed in trial – “Publications have reported a 60% to 80% fall in engagement.”
LINKEDIN: LinkedIn is Making a Seismic Shift — Here’s What You Need to Know – “LinkedIn’s new-and-improved messaging system, which has moved from an antiquated, ineffective version of professional email into a real-time, text-messaging type experience.”
FACEBOOK HASHTAGS: Should You Use Hashtags on Facebook? Here’s What the Research Says – “Posts with hashtags got less engagement.”
TWITTER: Twitter will now label political ads, including who bought them and how much they are spending “[Twitter] will limit which criteria can be used to target people and will introduce a “stronger” penalty on those who do not abide by the new rules.”
TOOLS – A good list of tools to help make you more efficient from the CEO of a digital video startup.
HOW TO EMOJI: Our team copy emojis from their iPhones and use the site Emojicopy to make sure that the emojis we put in posts (that lead to higher engagement on FB) work across all platforms.
Facebook doesn’t like the following:
- Frequently circulated content and repeated posts
- Text-only status updates from Pages
- Posts that are frequently hidden or reported (a sign of low quality)
- Posts that ask for Likes, comments, or shares
- Posts with unusual engagement patterns (a like-baiting signal)
- Overly promotional content from Pages—pushing people to buy an app or service, pushing people to enter a contest or sweepstakes, posts that reuse the same text from ads
SLANG: Where Does “YAAAS” Come From? Here’s The Story Behind The Internet’s Favorite Expression Of Excitement
PS: If some nice person forwarded you this briefing and you would like to get on the list and be all VIP-like go to sign up here.
ICYMI: Check out some of our past blogs Social Media Briefings.
Have a great week!