Hey, it’s Gavin and I spent last weekend with some of my team in Memphis presenting social media strategy at a St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital conference. An incredible hospital. I did not see Elvis. Although there was…no, I did not see Elvis.
Observations for 2017: Many businesses are neglecting Pinterest and it needs to be a priority in 2017. 79% of adults online in America use Facebook, 32% Instagram, 31% Pinterest, 29% Linkedin, and 24% on Twitter (Pew Research Center – Social Update 2016).
Here’s what we are excited about in social media this week.
- YOUTUBE: YouTube’s Super Chat feature Lets Fans (and Trolls) Pay to Pin Comments to Live streams
- INSTAGRAM: Bringing Business Insights and Ads to Stories
- FACEBOOK: Facebook No Longer Clearly Labels Edited Posts
- BEHAVIOR: Being Left Out of Online Group Chats Hurts as Much as Physical Exclusion
- PINTEREST: 5 Reasons Why Pinterest is a Must For Bloggers
- TWITTER: Hashtags to Cash: Twitter Buzz Can Boost Box Office, Study Finds (Exclusive)
- SNAPCHAT: Sony Chief Leaving to Focus on Snapchat
- VINE: Vine Goes to Rest With Some Heartfelt Goodbyes From Some of its Biggest Stars
A really good article about how young people are using words to create a whole other language on the internet – Code-switching and linguistic acrobatics on the internet (Brenna)
Jumpwire Podcast: Duncan and I review the new Snapchat Spectacles, check out the podcast on SoundCloud, iTunes, or wherever you download podcasts. We also put up a blog with more information about the new tech from Snap Inc.
Get the top social news stories straight to your inbox once a week. Subscribe to the Jumpwire Media Newsletter.
Have a great week!