Hey Jumpwire Community! 👋
SOCIAL MEDIA HISTORY: Take a look at the top 10 most powerful moments that shaped social media history over the last 20 years. Link
SOCIAL MEDIA USAGE: Check out these 8 facts about social media usage in 2018. Link
- 78% of US adults ages 30-49 use at least one social media platform a day.
- 91% of US adults ages 18-29 use YouTube.
- Generation X has increased their social media usage by 17% since 2012.
TWITTER AD: Fake Twitter ad campaign encourages users to be more skeptical on social media. Link
PINTEREST: Use search ads to promote your products and services to gain more visibility on Pinterest. Link
SOCIAL MEDIA PSYCHOLOGY: Why are we so addicted to social media? Link
- 56% of users shared that they were afraid of missing something important online.
- Social media activates our rewarding centers in the human brain.
- Sending a tweet can initiate a dopamine pull stronger than cigarettes or alcohol.
TWITCH: An insightful podcast about the video streaming platform where tens of thousands of people broadcast their lives and video game game-play in real-time. Link
HOW-TO-VIDEO: These Instagram feed layouts you can create in the Preview App make your Instagram look aesthetically pleasing. Link
PS: If some nice person forwarded you this briefing and you would like to get on our list, sign up here.
ICYMI: Check out some of our past Social Media Briefings.